Job Vacancies (2)
Job Title: Project /District Field Officers (2)
Organization: Uganda Youth and Adolescents Health Forum (UYAHF)
Duty Station: Terego District
Deadline: Monday 28th March: 5:00 pm East African Time.
Uganda Youth and Adolescents Health Forum (UYAHF) with support from CARE International is implementing a seven-year program targeting gender transformative and sustainable change for out of school adolescent girls and their communities in Terego District, Uganda. The project entitled; “SHE SOARS (Sexual and Reproductive Health & Economic Empowerment Supporting Out of school Adolescent girls’ Rights and Skills), the program is being conducted in partnership with: The Center for Reproductive Rights (The Center), Youth Coalition for Sexual and Reproductive Health, and Rights (YCSRR), Restless Development and other local partners including UYAHF.
UYAHF is looking to hire 2 proactive, strategic, and open-minded team members to join our Terego Field Office and play the role of District/project Field Officers split across different Sub-Counties that the project will be working in.
The new team member(s) will play a critical role of building and sustaining grassroot structures and systems that will support UYAHF to realize the above ambitious goal in Terego district.
- Support development and implementation of project work plans and other relevant project technical tools on a monthly, quarterly and an annual basis.
- Timely preparation and submission of project activity reports on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis to the project coordinator to facilitate donor reporting.
- Organize, mobilize, and train communities and oversee the day-to-day implementation of project activities.
- Represent the project at the local, district, and national level engagements.
- Ensure proper accountability of project funds by providing timely accountabilities.
- Oversee and lead the implementation of the community-level components and project.
- Conduct training for adolescents and young people to empower them to meaningfully participate in the project’s activities at community, district, and national levels through their organized clubs.
- Participate in mapping of hotspots and other community structures to easily access underserved adolescents and young people.
- Lobby and advocate for Sexual Reproductive Health and livelihood needs of marginalized communities’ young people, including those in refugee settlement.
- Develop and strengthen partnerships and collaboration with key stakeholders and the district local government,
- Attend monthly district and UNHCR coordination meetings for health gender, GBV, child protection, and education among others.
- Conduct monitoring and evaluation of the project and its impact on communities.
- Maintain proper and up to date record of project assets and inventory in the Field O
Main duties of the job:
- Map existing community groups for adolescent girls and boys, identify group leaders, and deliver gender/adolescent responsive and inclusive training for group leaders on life skills and SRHR information and services.
- Establish girls’ groups for out of school adolescent girls and deliver agreed proposed project curriculums.
- Establish Youth/Savings and Loan Association groups VSLA groups.
- Map existing Y/VSLA groups and modify models that are gender/youth/community responsive.
- Support vocational skills training/apprenticeship/IGAs for the boys and girls.
- Map and select existing Community Health Volunteers and Peer Educators.
- Conduct Behavior Change Outreaches.
- Identify and train Social Analysis and Action community facilitators.
- Train adolescent boys and girls to deliver gender-responsive Community Score Card (CSC) intervention with Health Care Service Providers and community.
- Support adolescent boys and girls to implement gender-responsive and inclusive CSC with HCPs and community members.
- Conduct needs assessments in target districts assessing the availability and clinical skills of Health. Care Service Providers to deliver a comprehensive package of SRH services.
- Train in-service Health Care Service Providers on revised gender/youth responsive inclusive and comprehensive Adolescent SRHR curriculum.
- Coach and mentor on revised gender/youth responsive inclusive and comprehensive Adolescent SRHR for Health Care Service Providers post-training.
- Degree in social work, social science, public health, and medical-related studies. An additional master’s or postgraduate diploma shall be an added advantage.
- APPLICANTS MUST BE FROM TEREGO DISTRICT AND OR FORMER GREATER ARUA
- High levels of technical knowledge and the ability to work quickly and accurately.
- Demonstrate program and advocacy knowledge in humanitarian action and programming.
- A minimum of 3 years working experience with credible CSOs.
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience in project coordination and execution.
- Excellent communication and team working abilities.
- A strong can-do attitude and the passion to strive for excellence.
- A native of Terego and or former greater Arua and well versed with the lugbara languages.
- Ability to ride a motorcycle or willingness to learn (ridding permit must be attached – optional)
- Female applicants have an added advantage.
- Knowledge in SRHR advocacy and programming will be an added advantage.
- Other Personal Attributes
- The candidate must adhere to the safeguarding, reporting, fraud prevention, and monitoring requirements of UYAHF, CARE International, and for this role.
- The candidate must be pro-choice.
Interested? Please submit your CV (3 pages max) with a motivation/cover letter (2 pages Max) and two reference letters, to: email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business on 28th March 2022.
Job interviews will be held on 30th March 2022. Only successful candidates will be contacted for interviews utilizing evidence-based approaches to life skills, case management, and economic strengthening consistently.