Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation Accountability and Learning Specialist [MEAL]
Organization: Uganda Youth and Adolescents Health Forum (UYAHF)
Duty Station: Kampala – UYAHF Head Office, Bukoto
Deadline: Friday 1st April 2022 5:00 pm, East African Time.
About Uganda Youth and Adolescents Health Forum – UYAHF
Uganda Youth and Adolescents Health Forum is a dynamic and leading youth-led and youth-serving health and human rights organization that works to advance and promote sexual and reproductive health and rights for young people, enhance gender equality and economic empowerment and promote meaningful youth participation. UYAHF is looking to hire a proactive, strategic, and open-minded team member to join our Team and offer support in the various regions/districts that the projects will be working in the capacity of a Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning Specialist. The candidate will be required to demonstrate integrated M&E in thematic areas of Health [Especially SRHR], Economic empowerment, Rights and Advocacy, Environmental conservation just to mention that feed into UYAHF’s strategic plan. UYAHF envisions a generation where young people proactive and meaningfully participate in national development processes and our overall goal is to empower adolescent girls and young women to live quality lives with equity, dignity, and opportunities to realize their full potential. For more information check out our website: www.uyahf.com
POSITION: The Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Specialist (MEAL) Full time
Directly Supervises: Assistant Project Officers
Reports to: PMERL Manager
Principal Job Details:
The Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning Specialist (MEAL) will provide technical leadership to develop the program framework, plans, and indicators to capture project performance results and provide effective, accurate and timely monitoring, evaluation, and reporting of all UYAHF project activities. The MEAL Specialist will work closely with the Program team to design, implement and supervise M&E activities, ensuring that lessons learned are integrated into program implementation to continuously improve quality of interventions and outcomes for effective advocacy. The MEAL Specialist is responsible for documenting and disseminating program/project successes and challenges to all donors and stakeholders. The MEAL Specialist will also be responsible for designing and conducting operations research as well as developing knowledge products.
Main duties and Responsibilities.
Planning and Monitoring 40%
- Responsible for development and updating of Project Monitoring tools and frameworks such as M&E plans, consolidated annual work plans, and putting in place mechanisms for real-time and routine tracking project progress
- Provide strategic leadership and direction for the development and maintenance of MEAL systems, and the roll-out of new initiatives
- Ensure integration and the dissemination of MEAL-related innovations, promising practices, and lessons learned to contribute to the UYAHF and stakeholders
- Manage and maintain UYAHF project Databases
- Support MEAL Capacity building activities.
- Responsible for conducting impact assessments and producing impact monitoring reports for internal & external use as well as for Donor reporting throughout the project cycle.
- Spearheading internal operational research
- Coordinating research and evaluations with external consultants
Advocacy and Accountability 30%
- Support preparation of quarterly and annual reports by providing technical input to ensure high quality are produced and disseminated to stakeholders on a timely manner.
- Coordinate feedback and response activities.
- In coordination with the program team, manage the information flow between UYAHF and her partners including; establishing systems and processes and promoting knowledge management.
- Support the UYAHF project team and partners establish advocacy needs
- Coordinate activities between the Advocacy and Communications team
- Ensure continuous learning and improvement through reflection sessions on good practices [what is and not working].
- Cultivate strong, collaborative relationships with donors, consortium partners, government officials, local organizations, communities, and other stakeholders
- Build the MEAL capacity of staff and partners to ensure quality data collection and monitoring, and identify methods for increased partner involvement
- Support UYAHF developing the Learning Agenda
- Support the program team and partners develop knowledge products for advocacy
Resource Mobilisation 5%
- Support program/project teams in proposal writing and other strategic engagements for effective resource mobilization
Lastly; Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
- At least a Post Graduate Diploma in M&E [A Masters is an advantage]
- At least five (05) years of related work experience in M&E for SRHR & Advocacy
- Experience in field-level management of complex humanitarian response and resilience programs/projects is significant
- A minimum of five years  of related work experience in a management position or supervisory role[s].
- Ability to travel nationally and 40 % of time