Manager Administration and Human Resource (MA/HR)
This is an entry-level position for an enthusiastic individual with demonstrated passion, experience and skills in administration, management and organizational development eager to join and play an integral role driving the dynamic work of UYAHF to deliver on its mandate of empowering adolescent girls and young women to leave quality lives with equity, dignity and opportunities to realize their full potential.
The Manager Administration and Human Resource will oversee the implementation of UYAHF’s Human Resource Manual that is intended to provide a framework within which all human resource decisions and actions of Uganda Youth and Adolescents Health Forum (UYAHF) are based. The Manager Administration and Human Resource will play a central role in maintaining open communication between management and staff and will support handling of human resource issues in a consistent manner and guide staff of their obligations.
UYAHF’s human resource manual was developed to provide UYAHF the basic tools and resources needed to administer the Human resource policies as categorized according to function. The manual is considered to be legally binding and forms part of the conditions of employment for all staff.
- Provides essential day-to-day administration and logistical support for UYAHF, including special support to the Team Leader and Senior Management on all human resource issues.
- Assists in scheduling calls and meetings, completing expense reports, and drafting meeting notes, presentations, and other materials.
- Assists with all in house meeting and event planning including working with staff, partners, consultants, Young Leaders, and outside vendors to manage the full spectrum of meeting plans and travel logistics as needed.
- Supports staff and serves as liaison to the Finance and Accounting team on all issues related staff motivations and welfare, as well as other budgeting and expenses that are administrative in nature.
- Manages all administrative specific matter of the organization that include but not limited to; staff travel logistic, maintaining all organization records, asset management, staff welfare and code of conduct, management of office equipment and facilities, transportation among others.
- Timely provision of offices supplies and consumables and proper management of stores;
- Designing and implementing a proper records management system that will handle issues related to receipt, use, storage and dispatch of documents; and manage all petty cash transactions and accountability.
- Support the Team Leader and program Manager in ensuring regular staff appraisals and oversee all recruitments as prescribed in the human resource manual.
Qualifications, Skills, Education, and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required.
- 1-3 years of experience working for a non-profit organization, , or corporation in similar or related role.
- Experience supporting a team with a positive attitude and an eagerness to learn more about non-profit program management.
- Passion for gender equality, global maternal, sexual and reproductive health and rights issues, and meaningful youth engagement.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in working effectively with consultants and vendors.
- Ability to effectively work in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines and conduct work independently.
- Strong attention to detail and a track record of consistently delivering high-quality work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, flexibility, and resourcefulness in solving problems.
- Strong skills using Microsoft Word and Excel, familiarity with record keeping and ICT.
- Experience with handling international travel and event-planning logistics a plus.
- Ability to travel, both domestically and internationally, if needed.
Interested? Please submit your resume/CV (3 pages Max) with a motivation/cover letter (2 pages Max) and two reference letter, to: email@example.com and Cc firstname.lastname@example.org before November 15th 2018. Job interviews will be held in the week of November 19th 2018. We aim for the new to start December 1st 2018.