The Youth Hub
The Youth Hubs in Kampala and Mbale offer free, innovative, and safe environment for young people to connect and learn about SRHR topics that impact their lives and well-being. Young people enjoy educative movie nights, indoor and outdoor games, bonfires, open mic sessions, music and dance for health, and so much more at the Youth Hubs. The young people also utilize the area to converse, discuss, and learn
from one another’s experiences in order to support and counsel one another. From conception to implementation, these youth hubs are directed by young people and they are responsive, inclusive, accessible, sustainable, and innovative. Most importantly, it was created by and for young people. The Youth Hubs also bring young people from all working regions of the organization together in one digital platform so they can:
Recreation | Skilling | Learning Centre
- Showcase, explore, experience and express their talents
- Link to organizations and resources tailored to their needs.
- Engage in capacity building, mentorship and networking.
- Access to safe space to enable them address life challenges
Skilling & Learning center
We also hold periodic entrepreneurship sessions in which young people are trained in a variety of entrepreneurship skills such as fashion and design, hair dressing, bakery, making packing/paper bags, making liquid and bar soap, making reusable sanitary towels, repair and maintenance of electrical gadgets such as phones, fabrication and production of artisan products such as unisex open shoes, belts, wallets, and bags, and metal fabrication works, just to name a few.
What we do
The youth hubs are youth-led networking platforms that enables young changemakers to live, dream, and accomplish beyond their own limitations.
Our main goals are to mentor and empower young people socially, mentally, and economically; to build young people’s capacity for meaningful participation in discussions for national programs on issues that concern them, particularly sexual and reproductive health; and to engage and involve young people in sexual life decision-making. The Kampala youth hub now has 56 active change champions from various educational, socioeconomic, and cultural backgrounds.
- Equipping young people with practical entrepreneurship skills and basic business management knowledge.
- Learning and sharing on sexual health and reproductive rights
- Internships and apprenticeships for young people
- Preparing, connecting and linking young people to job opportunities
- Database for job opportunities and job seeker
- Counselling and therapy services
- Community outreach activities
- Blog writing