We are Looking for Youth Advocacy Change Champions in Kyegegwa District
Are you a young and vibrant person who is passionate about youth? Do you have experience in advocating for the rights of women and girls especially in the field of sexual and reproductive health and sexual gender based violence? Are you between the ages of 15 and 24 years old?
Then Uganda Youth and Adolscents Health Forum is looking for volunteers just like you!
These youth advocacy change champions will use their voice and passion to advocate for and advance sexual reproductive health rights of young people in Kyegegwa and to advocate for the eradication of early marriage and teenage pregnancy in Kyegegwa district. They will also be key in documenting the realities of young people and collecting evidence to support the district in developing a district action plan to end child marriage and teenage pregnancy in Kyegegwa district.
Qualification and skills
- The candidate must be able to speak English as well as at least two of the main languages spoken in the Kyaka II refugee settlement area and Kyegegwa district. (Rutooro, English, Swahili, French, lingala)
- The candidate must have some demonstrated experience in doing volunteering work for at least 6 months with an organization that works around development related issues(health, education, gender etc)
- Must exhibit confidence
- Must believe in the power of young people as change makers.
- Verbal and written communications skills in English; additional ability to speak other languages like Runyakitara, French, Swahili and Lingala is an added advantage.
- Must be able to work effectively with minimum supervision.
- Pro-active and Excellent interpersonal skills, flexibility, resourcefulness in solving problems and independent and strong leadership skills.
Interested individuals should send their CV, application letter and 1 recommendation letter to the programme officer Sexual Reproductive Health Rights and gender equality, Uganda Youth and Adolescents Health Forum on email@example.com stating ‘Application for youth advocacy change champion’ in the subject line.
Hard copies can also be dropped at the office of the District Health office at the District headquarters in Kyegegwa OR at the office of the camp Commandant at Kyaka II settlement; clearly stating ‘Application for youth advocacy change champion’ on the envelope
Deadline of applications is March 25th 2019 at 5:00 pm.